Friday, June 4, 2010

Bart on the island - Second & Third day

I think I might have gained slight weight just for this week of Bart's existence.
It is all about food. Nonstop.
Second day we went for breakfast at Rat's Island (Pulau Tikus ) for a nice bowl of Hokkien Noodle and a bit of Banana pancake. Usual foods. We headed straight to the Snake Temple after dropping by at nanna's house for a short coffee ice breaking session.
There are so many kinds of snakes there. Big or small, large or enormous. All so icky looking. I touched one though. Very smooth and it sent shivers down my spine. It is an albino snake said to be tamed and if a person touches the snake from its head all the way to its tail it will bring you good luck. So I did and it was quite an experience.
Went for lunch next at Cintra Street's famous Hainanese Chicken rice and I ate there. Not one portion on my own though. Had to share with Bart's gf. Penang Road's famous Chendol thereafter. Eating is now not on our minds and became really bloated. Head to Kek Lok Si temple cus Bart wanted to pray although he doesn't believes in God. What an irony!
I played with that thingy where a person had to shake until one stick drops and we seek answers for the future or something. I did twice because the first seem to be a faulty try. I got my answers and I guess from that day, I changed my perspective.
Headed back for dinner at some seafood place. That is where we ate the sucking thing. Not my favorite but for fun. Right after dinner, they wanted to go for more food at New Lane in town... Geez and they ate some more.
After that, dropped them back and called it a day.
Third day a.k.a. final day- Met them at their hotel to check out. Immediately head for the famous laksa place opposite Penang Chinese Girl's School but it is still not opened so we settled with Chee Cheong Fun and Char Koay Teow. It started raining unicorns and trolls. So we sat there for about 1 and half hour just talking about some issues that's playing in my head. Laksa stall opened and Bart made is way to his stomach.
Head to QB Mall for a window shopping but detoured to have some durians at Anson Road. Creamy rich and fragrant durians. Yummy! Lucky not too much.
Walked around QB Mall, feeling super lonely cause I am the one without a partner.
Dropped them at the terminal when it is almost time. Bon voyage and Au Revoir!
Head back for seafood buffet at Traders.
Tried a wide range of seafood and fresh oyster was one of them. First and last time of that thingy in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment